Role: Design the Future, Program Development Intern
Salary: Unpaid Internship / Experiential Learning
Duration: February - May/June 2021 (Flexible depending on intern needs and availability)
Hours: 10 hours per week, possibly more depending on availability and performance.
Apply: Please submit your resume with cover letter via the following link: Design the Future - Program Personnel Application
Company Overview - DC Design:
DC Design is a social impact strategy and design consulting firm. We partner with social impact entrepreneurs, foundations, nonprofits, governments and private companies to address complex social problems. Through our framework of Multi-Stakeholder, Human-Centered Design, we help organizations design lasting solutions that reduce systemic inequality in America and help people thrive. We have extensive experience in designing systems, curricula, products and services related to criminal justice, healthcare, foster care, social impact education, and designing for disability. All of our work is powered by the belief that we can only create consistent positive change by being in community with those we aim to serve.
Position Overview - Design the Future Program Development Intern:
The Design the Future Program Development Intern will play a key role in supporting the administrative and marketing needs of DC Design’s Design the Future program. Design the Future is an award-winning Design Thinking & STEM summer program in which small teams of high school students design and build products for individuals with disabilities (our Project Partners). Design the Future: Digital is the next iteration of this program offering students from all over the world the chance to participate remotely. In this two-week program, June 14-25, students will learn and employ Design Thinking as they build and launch real apps that improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
The Design the Future Program Development Intern will be essential to ensuring the success of the summer 2021 Design the Future: Digital program, as well as supporting long-term strategy and operational goals for Design the Future. The ideal candidate will be a demonstrated leader with a passion for social impact, and a range of experience in areas of: project management, administration and community outreach/engagement.
- Program Outreach Support
- Develop slide decks, social media content, flyers, and other materials as needed to engage potential program participants and personnel
- Assist with tracking, scheduling and preparing for outreach events as needed
- Assist with social media development and engagement strategy
- Focus on recruiting and providing opportunities to Black students and other Students of Color
- Support the company in its diversity and inclusion efforts
- Program Admin Support
- Assist the Program Coordinator, Executive Assistant or other team members with pre-program planning and material preparation. Related tasks to include:
- Prepare staff and participant bios, portfolios, etc.
- Assist with preparing student welcome packets, orientation materials and events
- Order program materials and supplies
- Create certificates for students
- Assist with week-of logistics and design expo planning and preparation
- Other tasks that arise as needed
- Design the Future Development Support
- Provide strategic and administrative support to position Design the Future for future fundraising and growth opportunities. Related tasks to include:
- Assist with the company data clean-up and organization project to provide a more clear picture of our current data related to program outcomes
- Assess areas where we are lacking data on key program outcomes and develop strategies for obtaining key data points
- Assist with developing materials, graphics, one-pagers, or other documents that showcase program outcomes
- Additional research and presentation support as needed
Required Qualifications/Core Skills:
- An upper--level student, recent grad or young professional with demonstrated knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Community Outreach and Engagement: The ability to prepare materials, conduct presentations, provide and implement engagement strategies, and engage with potential participants and personnel from diverse backgrounds in a positive, human-centered, culturally appropriate manner
- Program Development and Fundraising: Experience in the non-profit or social impact field, with a particular focus on program administration, operations and/or fundraising
- Project Management: Tracking, managing and successfully completing multiple tasks that may present competing deadlines and prioritization
- Self-Driven and Proactive: The ability to look ahead and be prepared for the next step, to notice areas where support is needed and take initiative
- Empowered and Collaborative: A “can-do” attitude with a growth mindset and the desire to learn new skills, engage in planning and strategy discussions, voice concerns, support team members and ask for help when needed.
- Technological Savvy: The ability to learn and navigate several online systems including: Airtable, Slack, Gmail and GSuite, video conferencing systems, CRM and application management systems.
- Social Impact Focus: Demonstrated focus on social causes in previous work, potentially in areas such as racial equity, social justice, education, diversity in STEM, or other social impact fields
- Remote Work Experience: The ability to work independently in an off-site environment with minimal supervision. Self-disciplined with excellent time management skills.